Calling all blank journals {pretty pretty please!} ♥

Every time I think about putting this post together I get this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. But I know it’s time.

It’s slowly sinking in that two years without my Jenna is almost here and I want to do something extraordinary for her second birthday. I’ve shared a little about it here and there on this blog.

via

We are collecting as many journals for NICU parents as possible and I would be lying if I was to say I don’t secretly wish we reach 100 journals but 5 would be awesome too ;)

The journals will be donated to parents with babies in the NICU for them to write down notes, memories, anything really. I know mine was and still is one of my most prized possessions. I blogged about it here.

I have had many people in real life and in blog world tell me they are totally on board, which I am psyched about!!

If you’d like to jump on board with this project we’d so love to have you! And it’ll only cost you $1 or a blank journal :)

If you donate $1 toward our cause, I have this idea that I can get blank journals at our local dollar stores. You can also send blank journals too via snail mail!

P.O. Box 2398
Cypress, TX 77410

You can make your donations in memory of your baby(ies), or someone special if you choose.You will have the opportunity to include the information upon making your donation via PayPal. If you are sending in a journal, you can write on the front inside flap who the donation is being made in memory of.

My goal is to have all the journals in hand by the beginning of April. The blank/ plain jane ones will be decorated by our fabulous decorating committee {aka the lovely people who helped out with our last NICU project!} and they will be prepared to meet the Texas Children’s NICU by May 5, my sweet baby girl’s birthday and delivered on that day.

Of course Bubby’s birthday is that week too, so the plan is to have everything ready before then :)

If you are feeling super generous, every $10 donation will receive a beautiful white tulle butterfly. The butterflies also have purple ribbons for prematurity awareness. The butterflies are approximately 5″ tall and 4″ wide.

Please also consider grabbing our button for the cause! It will link back to this post :)

Photobucket

I know that money is tight so if all you can do is blog about this, or share it on facebook or twitter you’ve done SO much. Seriously.

To donate please use the PayPal button on our non profit site here.

***update***

I will be updating the number underneath the button at the top of the sidebar to show how many journals have been donated/ dollars received :)
****UPDATE****
The Jenna Journal Drive is now completed and took place on May 5, 2011. It was an unbelievable success, all because of the love and support of so many people around the world. Thank you so much for everyone that took a part in this endeavor. You can read about our Jenna Journal Drive delivery day here.
xo

Comments

Bethany says:

I LOVE this idea! I grabbed your button for my page:)

Jill says:

I will be sure to donate or send some blank journals! :)

Mary says:

As soon as I can get to the store (ice and snow are preventing me right now), I will pick up several and mail them to you. What a wonderful idea to celebrate Jenna's 2nd birthday! I'm also going to add a link and story to my blog so others can read it!

Lauren says:

just donated and I will be sure to share on my blog as well. :)

Deanna says:

We will be making a donation! I shared on Facebook and will add it to my blog as well :)
    Thank you, Franchesca, for allowing us to participate in celebrating your precious Jenna's birthday!
    Much love to you.

Tiffany says:

What a great idea! I love that you are doing this to celebrate her birthday! I will sending some journals your way!

Kate says:

I am going to send you some in the mail soon! I love this idea. I was also thinking what about photo albums too? I have some I would send you too if you like that idea. It might be good to distribute together. Email me at katefd at gmail dot come!

Danae says:

This is a great idea and I will definitely send you some journals!!

Holly says:

You'll go over 100 that's for sure!! I'll keep my eye out for journals to get!

Mary says:

I will be happy to send you some journals. I remember getting a few after Gage died, and writing in them really helped.

Jamie Fitzgerald says:

As a mom of two healthy children, I couldn't imagine losing one of them. As a nurse, I have seen the hurt and grief that the loss of a child can have on a parent and family.

Your story has touched me and as 2011 being my resolution for giving back, two journals will be on there way. One for each one of my children that I thank God everyday for.

Blessings to you and your family!

Mary says:

8 journals going out in the mail tomorrow!!!!

Paycation Experts says:

I saw your post on Deanna Wheelers site for her son & she is a good friend of my daughter Melissa Terrill – she is starting a non-profit to do Angel Boxes for parents in NICU – you guys should colloborate – Mikayla's Grace is on FB & there is a blog & best of all here is a cool fundraiser that we are putting to work http://fundraiserMikalyasGrace.margieb.biz – check out the video & let's connect so I can show you how we can put The Customer Advantage to work in memory of Jenna too. The beauty of this whole program is that everytime someone buys a coupon to help Jenna – it also helps Mikayla's Grace at the same time – WIN WIN for everyone! hope to connect soon! Thanks in advance!

Cathy says:

I was pleased to see your collection of journals for your NICU. I have worked in a NICU for many years and only recently (2-3 yrs) have we started journals for each of our babies. We simply use cheap composition notebooks. The nursing staff decorates them and add notes daily. Visitors, and of course, parents, write in the as well. The nurses really get into it and many of them use their own money to pay for neat decorations. They also make each baby a name tag, each fancier than the rest.
    The families just love them.
    I so sorry about your Jenna. My Griffin is up there with her. I”m sure they are saying hello right now.

Thank you so much for sharing what your NICU has done with journals in the past, it encouraged me to no end :) I can believe that NICU nurses would go above and beyond to make the journals extra special for these babies and families, they are truly special. I hadn’t thought about using the journals this way, but thank you so much for the idea, I hope my hospital will be open to this idea. Much love to you. xo

Amy says:

I’m planning on mailing one out tomorrow. If it will be too late, I am so sorry. Time moves a bit slow in my world just now.