10 Things to Make With Tulle: #1… No-Sew Tulle Tutu

Tulle is heavenly. Or maybe it’s just me that thinks that. Does anyone else love it as much as I do?

I have seriously thought about making my entire shop a shop full of nothing but tulle flourishes/ rosettes. Maybe one day? I just don’t think I’d find a lot of people that share my obsession ;)

:::

Today I was thinking about all the fabulous ways to use tulle and thought this would make a fun mini blog series… 10 things to make with tulle!

Of course I have to kick it off with the ridiculously fabulous tutus you see everywhere. I recently had the pleasure of making one for a little princess named Nevaeh. I’ve mentioned her before here and there, but in case you’re new to my blog, little Nevaeh battles Leukemia but most days you’d never know it. She is a true fighter full of life and spunk.

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of little Nevaeh wearing the tutu, but if I do get some I will sure try to remember to share them :)

I took the manikin out to my backyard early Tuesday morning. Tuesday {which just so happened to be my birthday} was probably one of the most beautiful days we have seen this year. The sunrise that morning was glorious. My neighbors probably thought I was a little nuts to be dragging a manikin across my yard so early in the morning..

I think it was worth it ;)
In case you’re wondering… this is a stretchy headband but it looks pretty neat as a necklace too, huh?
I didn’t think about taking pics of the tutu-making process but I found this tutorial in case you’re interested in trying it out. It’s super easy I promise, just takes loads of tulle.. and time.
XO

Comments

Courtney says:

You are so awesome!! <3

Jennifer @ Studio JRU says:

Oh how fun! What a great idea for a blog series. I can not wait to see all the pretties. These tutus are so adorable! :)

amy says:

OH Fran, I have to tell you Nevaeh looked beautiful in the tutu!!! She is goin to wear it to the dinner we are haveing for the TNT leukemia lymphoma society. i will send you pics of her all dolled up!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Oh and nevaeh says"wow, ms.fran can do anything!!!"
    she loves you….

Natasha says:

This is so so so lovely! Love it! What a great blog series…I know any of your ideas will be super cute!

Anita says:

How did you make the flowers on the necklace, I LOVE it!

Sarah says:

II am absolutely head over heels for tulle too. I was looking at this and was wondering where the other 9 things to make with tulle are. I would love to look. :)

Danielle says:

Hey, I have been trying and trying to find a good tutorial on tulle tutus for ages, and I love what you have made :) I followed the link you left but I didn’t find it ver helpful, might you be willing to give me an idea of how you made yours so that I might follow that? I would be so so soo grateful.