Fair Phantom

I’ve never shared this before on my blog- the other meaning of Jenna’s name. I so happened upon the Arabic meaning {“small bird”} after my husband insisted that her name would be Jenna. I, not able to change his mind to my own idea of what her name should be set out to find what Jenna meant. I found a plethora of baby books/ sites all saying her name meant “fair phantom” or something of that sort. And then a meaning that made her name just suddenly really sweet found it’s way to me… “small bird”. Of course I like to believe that was a way of God letting us know he knew about her, all of it… all along.

via

I remember reading the meaning “fair phantom” and being a bit creeped out. I mean, am I crazy? But now it’s a bit haunting.

Last night I had one of those sweet dreams.

She was there.

Her presence.

Her being.

Her soul.

Her sweetness.

But I wish I could remember details. No matter how much I try to remember what the dream was really about, I just can’t. It’s like she made a phantom visit into my dreams, just to say hello. Lately these ‘phantom dreams’ have been more frequent.

I won’t even realize she was in my dreams right away sometimes. I’m not a morning person anyway, so it sometimes takes a while for me to get going, and thinking half-way straight. And then it suddenly dawns on me in the middle of dressing Bubby, or making breakfast that she was in my dreams yet again. But no details.

What a little tease, Jenna!

I am curious, do you get ‘phantom dreams’ with your sweet babies or sweet dreams full of details that you can remember?

Comments

Kara says:

I had a dream of Julia where she’s in her room in Heaven (“…in My Father’s house there are many rooms….”) and it’s over the top cutesy girly (think pink bed in a bag type stuff). On her walls are pictures of us (her family), and her grand parents, her aunties uncles and other friends. She has a little desk full of papers markers crayons etc. Books, an overflowing toybox, etc. She’s sitting in one corner of her room where there’s a miniature of her bed and she’s playing mommy with her dolly. All of a sudden she jumps up, runs out of the room with this HUGE grin on her face because Jesus is outside and calling her name.

I’d love to find an artist who can draw this for me. I see it comic book style, in frames or like a movie that skips.

I had a dream of Evan where he’s in Heaven and running. Not toddling around but full blown running, wind in his hair and a gigantic smile on his face. He’s healthy, happy, laughing and running around. Playing tag with Jesus who is also running around laughing wind in His face. (I like to think Evan and Jesus have matching camo hats and play hide and seek in the bushes.)

Oh Kara, your dreams make me so happy!!! I would love to see that dream illustrated too, how precious. Thank you for sharing your dreams. You’re one lucky mama!!

I wish I did. But so far I haven’t had any.

April B. says:

I have very vivid dreams. I have all five of my senses, smell and taste as well. I yearn for dreams of Charles Patrick just because I hope they too would be so vivid, but so far, I’ve had none. I yearn for the day he visits my dreams.

Oh April, isn’t bizarre we can dream so vividly and want a dream like that with our babies in them? I hope he visits your dreams soon. xo

Diana Doyle says:

I have only had a few dreams about Savannah, and like yours, a little foggy…but I do remember vividly the next day that I dreamt about her. I’ve read so many metaphysical books in search of comfort from my loved ones who have gone and they do say if you dream then it is a visit from your angel. I like to believe this! :)

I remember for a long time I didn’t dream of her which I found odd. I also remember not long after my mum died, I wanted mum so badly and I couldn’t call her..and that night I dreamed of her. She was inside an ocean wave as it was about to break….and she was telling me to “Look up Darling, it’s beautiful here”…I remember how the inside of the wave looked in my dream, and that it was peaceful and mum was happy.

Anyway, a few days later, my husband and I were trawling the shops at Laguna Beach, and in front of one of the store windows was the most magnificent photograph of the INSIDE OF A WAVE…I rushed into the store and I found their brochure had this photo on the front…I took it as a comforting sign that my mum was around and had visited me. I still have the brochure to remind me “to believe.”

So Franchesca, I think you did have a visit from your beautiful little girl, to bring you comfort….
    Sorry I wrote so much, just wanted to share with you! :)
    love your blog!
    Diana x

Reading your comment gave me chills, I am going to believe what your book said too- it’s got to be them visiting our world :)

And the one about your mum- absolutely amazing. I know you must treasure that brochure!!

xoxo

Mary Thompson says:

Oddly enough, I had a dream about Addie last night as well. More often than not, these are very detailed dreams that I remember quite clearly. I see her as she would look today if she were alive. Last night I saw a 7 month old little girl wearing a purple dress. I had seen this patricular dress a month or so ago at Toys R Us and had really wanted to buy it (but of course I didn’t…I don’t have reason to). Other times I’ve had those phantom type dreams you talked about. I can’t remeber what they were but I know she was there. I find it interesting how our children remind us that they are still around, even if not physically. I think they do it to let us know they’re ok, that they’re happy and safe. And waiting to meet us when our time comes. :)

That must be neat to have detailed dreams. I remember having one detailed one that I am remembering as I read and re-read your comment. It made me sad as I awoke to my reality without her. I like to think they know we need them, you know even if it’s for a short moment in a dream. Love to you-xoxo

Mary says:

I haven’t :( At least not yet. I so wish I could dream of Livie! Hopefully I will sometime soon!

I have only had a handful of dreams of Christian since he passed away. But each one was a gift… some strange and others SO real that I would wake up with the sound of his laughter in my ears and the weight of him in my arms. Oh how I miss that boy!

JENNA says:

Hello,
    i just wanted to say that this is a really cute website and just wanted to tell you a little somethin. lately ive been looking up my name and others, and i found that another meaning of Jenna is Heaven. i dont know if thats entitely true, but i believe that i found that for a reason for a spiritual sign. im also a very spirtitual person, as it looks you are too and i hope that this sends you a sign from God thru me that ur baby Jenna is safe with him. =]

Thank you Jenna for sharing that sweet message with me. I had no idea that “Jenna” also means Heaven. What a sweet gift, I haven’t had the chance to tell you, but it made my day when you shared that with me :)

xx fran