Easter Basket Ideas

There will be two Easter baskets this year.

Last year I was in hospital bed rest with Bubby and didn’t have time to think about any of this, but this year we are celebrating every moment, with both our babies. :)

On a whim the other day I loaded up my shopping cart with things from the dollar store for each of their baskets… they actually had some good stuff!

I don’t know how each of you celebrate Easter but I know holidays usually just sting a little more – especially seeing all the adorable Easter outfits everywhere you go. I wanted to share some ideas of how you can remember your babies this year by sharing what we’ll be doing for Jenna :)

I bought her a sweet girly basket {no idea what I will do with it after but I’m sure it won’t be hard to think of something… it’s sooo pretty!}

♥ Inside I placed some fuchsia bubbles, which we’ll blow for her when we think of her, and at her gravesite.

♥ Sweet “Princess” bracelets, for her gravesite as well.

♥ Plastic windmills {is that what they’re called?} – so pretty in the spring time. For her garden or even the cemetery.

♥ Easter eggs with notes to Heaven for her inside

♥ Oh and some sheer butterflies to clip on somewhere :)

I hope some of these ideas help your grief and loss a little more this Easter Sunday.

Is there something special you do this time of year for your babies?

xo

Comments

Melissa says:

Great ideas Fran!

Deanna says:

wonderful ideas!!
    thanks for sharing :)

Poppie Lane says:

great ideas! I really want to do something for Mareto but I’m not sure what since he’s so little… I’m still thinking about it. :)

Yea, it can be hard when they’re little! We found this adorable bunny sippy cup, so that’s the main thing, oh and bubbles for him too! He loves watching them fly away :)

Mary says:

I LOVE the idea of the bubbles! We need to do that for Adelle, the boys would love to blow her some to Heaven! And it is time to go get a windmill too! Thanks, Fran!

Lisa says:

That is so sweet! We don’t do much for Easter. But I always imagined that once we had kids that would change. I hadn’t considered doing anything for Lewy, but after reading this, I kind of want to go hide an Easter egg for him somewhere.

Emalee says:

It looks like you might be able to plant some flowers in the basket! SO pretty Fuchsia ones :) We have not done anything for Easter. Well we do go and decorate kenner’s graveside. I imagine next year will be different!!

Jo Mills says:

ooohhh yes i think we need to get a windmill too, we always take little trinkets to the graveside. xx

Jennifer says:

Oh Franchesca… your Easter baskets are so sweet! :)

Angie says:

Such sweet ideas!! This weekend Kevin and I will be decorating Aiden’s grave site with my parents. I’ll be making a trip to Walmart tomorrow to collect cute little things for Baby Boy♥ I’ll be keeping my eye out for windmills, those are adorable!

New Year Mum says:

What gorgeous Easter presents for Jenna… love them all in such beautiful baskets :) Thank you for sharing your ideas with us all xoxo

Mary says:

What a fabulous idea Fran!!

Sarita says:

I love these! Easter is my favorite time of the year. Can’t believe Bubby’s BD is coming up! xoxo

Holly says:

I love what you put in Jenna’s basket

Mariah says:

Thank you for this post! I was googling ideas and this one came up! I am having a tough time figuring out how to honor both my boys, the one here on Earth and the one in Heaven! Thanks
    Mariah recently posted..The ApproachMy Profile