Dandelions

I like to believe with the changing of every season Jenna makes her little presence known in our world.

As of late, dandelions have invaded our backyard.

Beautiful, whimsical dandelions.

Too bad we have to cut the grass ;) I was actually enjoying the tall grass, wildflowers and dandelions back there.

This little metal sign is something that my hubby got me a while back for her garden. It reminds me of a quote I included into the Year of the Babylost Calendar in Jenna’s memory.

“Smile because she lived. Dance because she was mine.”

I saw the first one accidentally while feeding my little man, and had to have a second look. There were two. Days later they were seriously all over the backyard.

Right after he ate that day, we walked outside and made a wish and blew the dandelion petals/ seeds (?) everywhere.

I can’t remember what I wished for but I think I got what I wanted all along… to feel her close.

She doesn’t feel dead to me. She just feels gone, alive but far, far away.

Sweet Jenna.

Comments

Mary says:

How sweet!

beautiful post <3 I feel the same way I see dandelions… remember the blog? ;)

Becky says:

I love the sign, very sweet!

Katye says:

Beautiful! The “smallest” things make the biggest difference.

So beautiful !!!

Jill says:

So beautiful! I love your quote. I believe they are always showing signs that they are with us.

Angie says:

“Alive but far, far away”

Jenna and Aiden are playing together under the sun.

Heidi Faith says:

Hello Fran,

I didn’t want to bother you with yet another email as we continue to stumble in our process of grieving and building a website…

…but thought you’d think it was kind of fun that I added your link to our website, so people can know for certain that our project is already stirring, and that we are collaborating with a lovely professional who is also on her own journey of healing and love. :) Specifically, it’s at this link I added: http://birthingpains.blogspot.com/p/pictures.html. God is moving!! Oh, and I think we’re going to go with the Genesis hosting…

Nicole says:

She doesn’t feel dead to me. She just feels gone, alive but far, far away.

I feel the same way about Christian. I can’t wait to be together again!

I have no idea why it has the yahoo addy linked. It should be drewsfamilytx(at)gmail(dot)com. :)

New Year Mum says:

So beautiful… I love dandelions and love when they make their appearance on mass :) Your quote is so lovely – and so true.. it’s easy to forget sometimes. Love always xoxo

Alissa says:

I love this post!! Absolutely love it!