If you installed Disqus onto your blog last night you might have noticed your previous comments are not showing up anymore. This is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you go to your Blogger dashboard and click “Comments” under your blog, you will see each and every one of them, still there.
This is a little tutorial on how to get all your old comments imported onto disqus, and showing up back on your blog.
*side note- if you decide you do not want to use disqus at any point just remove the ‘disqus’ gadget in your design dashboard.
So here we go!
1. Sign in to disqus.com
2. Click your blog from the dashboard on the left hand side under “Your Sites”. You will see a screen like this:
3. Click the Import/ Export link on the left hand side, and then click on the Blogger link.
4. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure your click “Enable” under “Keep new comments synced”. If you ever decide to remove disqus this will enable the new comments left after Disqus is installed to still be on your blog.
5. Click “Import”.
6. Google will prompt you to grant Disqus access, click “Grant Access”.
7. On this next screen choose the correct blog from the drop down menu (if you have more than one blog) from which to import comments from.
8. Click “Import.
9. Your comments are now queued for import. This can take a while, just depending on how many comments you have on your blog. If you would like to check the status you can leave this window open, or just revisit this page on your Disqus account. The first comments to import are your oldest comments.
I am more than happy to help you if you have any trouble at all. I have also found the disqus support team to be responsive to issues in the past.