A Beautiful Mystery

There’s nothing quite like it.

Watching him. Listening to him.

Wondering.

Witnessing the gift of childlike innocence.

Every now and again he’ll laugh at something when there’s nothing, nothing in sight.

He’ll point when there’s nothing but a bare wall… or empty space. These days he is pretty good at pointing at what he wants too, which usually involves the pantry, refrigerator or outside.

It’s in these moments that I feel paralyzed, awe -struck with wonder at what just happened… only hoping to make it last as long as possible.

I wonder if he knows who he just saw, played with, talked jibber-jabber to.

I’m tangled up in questions, but thankful for the visit. Because we know she came. It was all over his face, for that split second.

I get to wondering about the goodness of God to send her to us in that moment. Was it really for Joseph? Or was it because he knew I needed her close…

Perhaps she came for the both of us.

Comments

Hillary says:

Thank you soo much for the beautiful reminder that are heavenly children are never really gone for good.

I really really needed that this morning.

xoxox
    Hillary recently posted..I Heart Being A Boy Mom!My Profile

Heidi says:

Wow! I just had one of those moments myself. We were at Dewberry farms sitting in the middle of a grassy area all by ourselves (we had a great time BTW!!!) Button had his hand up to the sky to nothing and wiggling his fingers and giggling. I thought I was just imagining it, but hubby saw it too. We had a look of awe in both of our faces!!

I felt like she was visiting me because I was sad that she wasn’t there, and Button was the one to show me her…..

((((((HUGS))))))))
    Heidi recently posted..Fabric TuesdayMy Profile

Stefanie says:

Wow! That is just about the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. I often wonder if Sam has visited my daughter (she turned 3 two days after his birth). I don’t think he has but always keep a watchful eye. I envy those BLM that get dreams or for sure signs of their little ones. Maybe someday.
    What a wonderful gift she has left you with.

Hope says:

i would love a “visit” soon, been praying for one! thx for sharing xx
    Hope recently posted..A Balancing ActMy Profile

I agree with what Hillary wrote. Today has been tough… I needed to be reminded of that.
    Crystal Stephens recently posted..Help Change Two Pieces of LegislationMy Profile

JessIca says:

What a sweet reminder that our angels are never too far away.
    JessIca recently posted..The Woman Who Scares MeMy Profile

That is so sweet! Love you beautiful pictures.
    Melanie Cantelmo recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

NewYearMum says:

I wonder about those moments too… Our daughter smiled today as though she knew Gabrielle was there – so magical xoxo

Trisha says: