I can’t quite put my finger on it (seriously, I’ve tried) but Christmas just didn’t FEEL like Christmas. That is until Christmas Eve. I was wrapping gifts for my side of the family, as we (Pete, Bubby & I) had opened and exchanged gifts Christmas Eve morning because we knew Christmas Day would be full of activity. Christmas Eve, a heavy steady rain fell. A calm flooded my heart. It finally felt like Christmas. I don’t know why it didn’t come sooner, but I’m glad it came.
Sadly my fancy shmancy camera got zero action this weekend, but thank God for instagram! I LURVE this little app (I know I’ve talked your ear off about this before, but I can’t really say enough about it) *wink*
So if you’re curious at all about how our Christmas weekend went with a 5 year anniversary to mix in, I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Wanna know what the BEST Christmas gift I received was?…
A Bubby KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!! He’s been trying to figure out how to give a kiss on the cheek for a while but he really got it this past weekend. Love love love.
1. These babies are coming to my shoperooozie this coming year… along with a bunch of other artsy stuff! Are you EXCITED!?
2. Piano lessons for babies 101. Bang the keys as LOUD as you can.
3. The best Christmas gift to Bubby EVER. A cookie-eating Cookie Monster. Thanks Ramirez family. You made his YEAR.
1. A memory box for Nevaeh. The first fuchsia one I’ve ever made. I have a feeling it won’t be the last! ;)
2. Bubby LOVES little Fili (Nevaeh’s big brother). Such a sweet kid.
3. the peace piece :)
4. Birdie love.
1. The pretty moth on the window. Who knew moths could be so pretty?
2. Gift wrapping. Good thing you can’t see the MESS behind the lens LOL ;)
4. Ice skating after 3-ish years last night. Oh, so much fun.
1. Totally snagged this quote from Tiffany’s blog for a gift for my sister :)
2. He wants to be *just* like Daddy. In every sense of the word.
3. Sunset love, on our way to the mall to go ice skating.
4. If you press your face into the glass a LITTLE harder, I might be able to see you better Bubby. Just sayin’
1. Oh, did I tell you he got TWO cookie monster toys this year? He did. And he loves one, and is scared of the other.
2. Photo transfers. They made *excellent* Christmas gifts this year!!
3. Bubby playing with the scary Santa light up pens.
4. Bubby having a ball on Christmas Day. This year was SOOOO much fun with him at this age :]
This last week of 2011 I’ll be digging through the archives and sharing some old posts with you, not because I don’t have anything to say but I read this post, and was moved. What a super way to end the year. Maybe you would like to share some of your favorite posts with us too? If so, just leave a comment with a link back to your blog, and I would LOVE to read your posts. What a perfect week to refocus, and reflect where this year’s taken us and where we are now. And hopefully inspire us to press forward…
ps – in the new year, I do have plans to share how me and hubby met… our little ‘love’ story… but you must brace yourself, it’s a story that not only brought and him together but it’s a big mush of events that entirely ENTIRELY changed my life. I actually don’t know where to start but I will spill the details of this event with you soon :)