If you’ve read this blog for a while, you probably remember my obsession with tulle a little while back. It hasn’t really gone away, I’ve just had my plate full while my drawer of all this tulle sits there. Well the other day I came across this idea on pinterest, and OH MY. It was stuck in my head, so simple and SO pretty.
I decided to replace the yarn with tulle, and I confess the yarn still looks pretty awesome but I do love the way the tulle hearts came out… The process is very similar to the Tulle Butterflies :)
Right now I have four of these tulle hearts hanging from my pantry door, and it just brightens up my kitchen making it look a little more festive :) I think I might take a few down to Jenna as well. I think she would love tulle. :]
To make these easy peasy Valentine’s Day decorations….
1. Gather supplies: tulle, sculpture wire, wire cutters, scissors and ribbon.
1. Cut a piece of wire about 14-16″ long with the wire cutters.
2. Bend the piece of wire into a heart shape and twist in the middle to secure the shape.
3. Cut a couple of pieces of tulle, or if you are using a roll of tulle, cut a piece about 20″ long. You can use as little or as much tulle as you like. You can also use more than one color of tulle :)
4. Begin wrapping tulle around the wire shaped heart and tuck in the loose ends within the wraps. You can also pin them with safety pins for more security.
5. Once you have covered the heart shaped wire with tulle to your satisfaction, set aside and cut a piece of ribbon for hanging.
6. Find a spot on the heart from where you would like it to hang, and tied a few knots.
If you have a Valentine’s Day idea and would like to guest post be sure to email me! fran@smallbirdstudios dot com