Guest Post – Katelyn from Inner Vision

Hello, Small Bird Studios readers!
I’m so honored to be here with you today.

My name is Katelyn and I blog over at Inner Vision.
I’m a twenty-year-old Communications student in Milwaukee, WI. I’m also a writer, photographer, musician, and lover of all things social media.
But first and foremost, I am a Christian. I love Jesus Christ as my Lord && Savior.

I love life and all the adventures and beauty it brings in both the up’s and down’s.
But there is an aspect of my life that I don’t really talk about very often.
I struggle with anxiety.
I have never been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, but it is still something I struggle with everyday. I have irrational fears of things twenty-year-old’s just shouldn’t be worrying about.
When I enter a situation that really aggravates my anxiety, I can feel tension building up in my body. I get a totally unrealistic view of the situation at hand. I get restless and irritable. Sometimes I even feel like it’s harder to breathe.
I hate it. I hate when I feel like this and I used to think it was something I had to deal with completely on my own. I used to believe that I had no choice but to let my anxiety consume me. But then I realized, I’m never really alone. I have a guaranteed support system.
One place I can always find comfort for my anxiety: Scripture.

No matter what God throws our way and no matter how realistically or unrealistically we view the problem, He will never give us more than we can handle.
He will listen to our prayers.
No matter where we pray.
No matter when we pray.
No matter what we’re wearing.
No matter what we look like.
No matter what else is going on.
No matter how much money we have.
No matter how many times we pray for the same exact thing.

So I want to encourage you, no matter how big or small your concern:

“Pray continually.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17

Comments

Yes. He hears our prayers, period. This is a truth that I have been clutching tight to these past days.
    Beth recently posted..Tiny PhotographsMy Profile

Katelyn says:

That is such a comforting thought, isn’t it? That God hears all our prayers and always has an swer that we can trust is the best for us.

- Katelyn

DeborahJoy says:

Thank you for your honesty, Katelyn.
    It takes courage to write (and publish) about the things we find difficult.
    Blessings to you X
    DeborahJoy recently posted..to remind myselfMy Profile

Katelyn says:

Thank you for the blessings and thank you for reading. It did take a lot for me to post this because it’s not something I typically talk all that much about. But I know I’m not a lone in struggling with anxiety and if I can make someone else feel that way too, it’s more than worth it.

- Katelyn
      Katelyn recently posted..Two Awards? No Way. Yes Way.My Profile

Karin says:

I wasn’t raised christian. And I still don’t know what I believe and what I don’t believe. I wished I did believe though. I sense so much comfort when I hear/read/see people with faith. Especially when I am, just like you, struggling sometimes.

A lovely post. Thank you for sharing.
    Karin recently posted..ReadingMy Profile

Katelyn says:

Faith is a beautiful thing. I was raised in a Christian home, but I had a long period of my life where I really struggled with my faith and wasn’t sure what I believed. I found my way back and my faith is stronger than ever and it is true, I find so much more comfort in life than I used to. I can trust that no matter what God has decided for me, it’s what’s best and He will never give me more than I can handle.

- Katelyn
      Katelyn recently posted..Two Awards? No Way. Yes Way.My Profile

dejah says:

Hi Katelyn, I struggle with serious anxiety too. It runs in my family and on some days it seems like a losing battle. What you said is true: Praying does help. And at the very least, it can’t hurt!
    dejah recently posted..links for youMy Profile

Katelyn says:

I definitely know what you mean when sometimes you feel like anxiety is defeating you. I get that way a lot. But thank goodness God is always there in the struggles with us, holding our hands and telling us everything will get better. It will be great in Heaven to not have any anxiety to worry about, huh?

- Katelyn
      Katelyn recently posted..Two Awards? No Way. Yes Way.My Profile

Anita says:

Hi Katelyn,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your heart with us.

I can relate to your feelings of anxiety, I too struggle with it; but I want to encourage you that recently I finally feel like the chains of anxiety that have been holding me for so long, are coming apart. I can hardly believe it, it’s wonderful!

At the moment, my family are going through a very tough time and usually I would be right in the middle of an anxiety attack, but with God’s wonderful mercy and grace I can see the way through the fog.

I am writing a series of devotionals on this very subject, on how we can overcome anxiety in God’s love using Philippians chapter 4 asa focus. I invite you to my blog, if you would like to read some.
    The link is on my name above.

There is also a wonderful book that I am reading at the moment by Girlfriends in God, looking at Trust, it’s a great daily devotional -> http://www.girlfriendsingod.com/store/

God bless you Katelyn,

Anita x
    Anita recently posted..My Psalm: I bow down, healed by your graceMy Profile

Katelyn says:

Hi Anita,
      Thank you so much for the encouragement, I will be sure to check out your blog and the devotional! God bless you and your beautiful spirit.

- Katelyn