Happy Birthday Love

Dear Mr. Cox,

Without getting too gushy, I have to say a few things.

Today you turn 28. We’ve known each other since you were 18.

10 years.

A lot changes in 10 years.

College, marriage, kids.

makes me want to cry thinking about it.

I still remember those days we would talk about having kids and how we felt like kids ourselves. We weren’t ready, but then one day she happened.

I watched you protect me as my pregnancy progressed with our first child. I vividly remember following your wishes and saying a farewell to my 4 inch stilettos I would wear to work (the yellow ones were my favorite), and making sure I ate enough.

When things took a turn for the worst, you reacted with confidence, grace and so much thought. You became a father- literally overnight. I watched you as you hovered over your firstborn child’s incubator, with so much love, and so much pride.

Without even knowing it was possible, I have loved you more than ever before from that moment on. You might not believe it sometimes but you are an incredible father to both our children.

Love grows, did you know that? I didn’t but I do now.

Here’s to a beautiful birthday week my love.

linking up here, here + here

Comments

Caroline says:

Beautiful post & sending Happy Birthday wishes !!!
    Caroline recently posted..Basketball ?????? & Homesick ……..My Profile

Tamberly says:

<3 happy birthday to your love!
    Tamberly recently posted..Molly Bears VideoMy Profile

Claire says:

So lovely. I love the way you write exactly what you feel. It’s so beautiful and pure to read. Happy Birthday to your hubby!
    Claire recently posted..Mummy’s DayMy Profile

hena tayeb says:

Awww.. Happy Birthday Mr.Cox
    Here’s is to so many many more years together.. happy and healthy.
    hena tayeb recently posted..Hot Florescent Electrifying NeonMy Profile

amy(nevaeh's mommy) says:

You guys are both amazing parents. (Dont tell Pete this cause I dont wanna ruin our love hate relationship) But I think he is one of the best daddy’s I know…And you my dearest friend our one of the best mommies I have ever known…And of course Bubby is the BEST,CUTEST,SWEETEST ,AWESOMEST KIDDO i know ;)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE!

Kim says:

Happy birthday to your husband. The picture melts my heart. Absolutely beautiful.
    Kim recently posted..Sponsor Spotlight & GiveawayMy Profile

Mary says:

Aww! Happy Birthday :)

Jean S. Packard says:

Indeed it is a blessing to have a husband that love you with all that you are.
    Jean S. Packard recently posted..SEO ServicesMy Profile

Jelli says:

How sweet! My husband is also quite fab, but I missed a bday post. Enjoy that man of yours!
    Jelli recently posted..Chocolate Gift Tag PrintableMy Profile

1. [...] student. It’s also different than the love I had for him before motherhood. The moment I witnessed his love for our daughter, the love became stronger. Deeper. Something that moves me to tears when I think about [...]