On Easter Sunday

I might be wearing my $15 dress I snagged from Old Navy…

I might (or might not) get up early enough to make myself some waffles, after fixing Bubby’s breakfast. I’m not a morning person, it doesn’t matter what day it is. Forgive me? :)

The day already feels like it will be filled with so much love.

My precious boy will be wearing a suit. Just thinking about him in a suit makes me smile.

There might be a festive Easter egg hunt. Bubby will think he is hunting for balls (he thinks the eggs are balls)

He might eat more chocolate/ candy than he’s ever had in his entire life put together. Then again, maybe not.

But if I’m totally honest this day makes my heart swell with a great amount of hope.

It’s this day, Resurrection Sunday that is gives my heart so much reassurance – that because He was raised from the dead... I will see her again.

My little girl – that I would like nothing more than to dress up, hold her hand and give her the biggest chocolate bunny you’ve ever seen.

Today we will be celebrating Hope.

download here

Comments

Deanna says:

Thank you, Fran. You always tell me exactly what I need to hear. This couldn’t be more perfect. Thinking of you all today & always.

Karin says:

I wish you a day filled with love. xx
    Karin recently posted..Spring MarketMy Profile

Jill Wilhelm says:

I’m sitting here trying to put into words how your post just make me feel and all I can say is I’m speechless. Wishing you a very very Happy Easter filled with love, peach, joy, and hope
    Jill Wilhelm recently posted..Easter..WHAT’S that??My Profile

Carolyn McDonald says:

Such a wonderful Truth, because He rose, we will see our precious ones again! Thanks for your beautiful words……..

Stephine says:

Definitely needed this today.
    Stephine recently posted..Happy Easter Angel MommasMy Profile

dejah says:

Fran, I just love your blog. It’s one of the first I came across after my daughter died. My spirits are always lifted by what you write. I wish I could just give you the biggest hug! xo Happy Easter!
    dejah recently posted..for the antidote, look to the heavensMy Profile

So very true. This was my Facebook status today: Because He died… I know that Nathan lives and I will see him again when my time comes. ♥ “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die.” John 11:25 NLT
    Crystal Stephens recently posted..Fading MemoriesMy Profile

Mariah says:

Wow! Love the post and love all the comments too!! Love having hope, I am glad there are women who grieve but know that God is with them!! Thank you all!
    Mariah recently posted..The ApproachMy Profile