Breaking Away

I read this post the other day and I haven’t been able to shake it.

About breaking my routine.

At first I convinced myself that I already do this. And maybe I do, sometimes.

But not nearly enough.

There is a tendency to do what is comfortable. Necessary. Expected.

I am breaking away.

Taking one day out of the week, as much as possible, to make a point to break away.

This has been on my heart all day today.

And a way to make sure I at least make an attempt to break away would be to document these moments of breaking away.

Capturing beauty.

Visiting new places, or my favorite places.

Taking a day trip to the beach.

A trip to Starbucks.

To a field of wildflowers… and have a picnic.

Visit that adorable shop I just keep passing by.

Pete’s working long, long hours these days. And friends, that is not a complaint.

I am thankful. Especially in this economy.

But with him gone a lot, we have a lot more ‘down time’ around here.

There just isn’t an excuse not to break away from my normal routine.

Working from home can be a challenge at times, but I feel like my time could use some readjusting.

In a good way :)

With a hundred and seventeen things to do, it would be too easy to be swallowed alive in my lists, obligations and more.

One day a week when possible will be my breaking away posts.

This might preserve the excitement, the passion for everything I feel so strongly about today.

And capture today all at the same time.

linking up with Carissa and Heather today.

Comments

Emily says:

Great idea, Fran, and a wonderful concept! I find that blogging has really helped inspire me to go see/do/experience things that have been “on my list” for quite some time. Life can really swallow us whole at times if we don’t “break away” and force ourselves to find the time.

Good luck!
    Em
    Emily recently posted..Dear FridayMy Profile

Beryl says:

I have a photography lesson all about doing just THIS in my new Radiate class!!! It’s about about scheduling time to break away and ADVENTURE!! Enjoy breaking away and don’t forget to document it in photos too. ;)
    Beryl recently posted..An Invitation to EditMy Profile

lauren says:

I love this!!! Definitely going to work on changing up my routine this week – I think it’s just what I need!
    lauren recently posted..Wondering…My Profile

Erin says:

Love this concept! I am trying to do the same thing. Treating myself to people, places, things that inspire joy!

What a wonderful idea… thank you for always being such an inspiration xo
    DandelionBreeze recently posted..The nursery…My Profile

Rebecca says:

I can relate to your situation. I also would like to break away from the monotony of work and family life; otherwise, I’ll be cranky.
    Rebecca recently posted..guitar softwareMy Profile

Ashley says:

I can relate as well. I feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day and it is so easy for me to get caught up in the all the things that need to get done. I have such big dreams for honoring Erik that I sometimes forget that I still have 2 beautiful girls who are here NOW and need me NOW.
    Ashley recently posted..Huge Vent Session – this is your warning!My Profile

Lilli Toby says:

Such a great post. I do the same things everyday, its become a schedule. I never take a moment to break away and introduce something new into my life. And I hate doing the same things everyday, I need variety to keep myself happy too. Im going to have to start doing this. Thank you. I found you through Miscellany Monday.
    Lilli Toby recently posted..Random lovelinessMy Profile

Oh I hope you do :) It definitely keeps life interesting (the few days I have been attacking this goal ;)

thank you for stopping by! off to visit your blog! xoxo

Debby Pucci says:

Excellent idea. I don’t work from home but I do read posts for six hours a day and play around on Pinterest too. I am pushing myself to break away from this routine. My husband will run errands on Saturday and this week when he asked if I want to go I said “yes.” It was fun running the errands with him. I can’t continue to live my life behind this computer screen because life needs to be lived!

What an inspiring post. I think we can all be guilty of getting bogged down in our everyday lives, but I know on those (admittedly rare) days when I break my routines and open my eyes a bit more that I’m always so glad that I did. That’s when the memories are made and when you are truly ‘living’ I guess.
    I popped over here from the cup 1/2 full linky and I’m glad I did. I’m your newest follower. X
    Lucy at Dear Beautiful Boy recently posted..red – see it snap it love itMy Profile

Heather says:

Franchesca, this is SO GOOD!! I need to break away more.
    Even if it’s just turning off my phone! Thanks for the encouragement today, friend! xo

Carrie says:

Love this. Beautiful and so true!!