Keeping this Moment

Don’t you ever wish you could capture a moment forever? I suppose that is what pictures are for, and pictures do a great deal for bringing back memories. But sometimes I wish you could capture moments in a bottle.

And pop the top open when you splash your face in the happiness of that day, that moment in time once again.

Unphased by the many layers of mud his little body wore that day.

And the look of complete and utter happiness in this puddle of mud from yesterday’s rain.

This little boy is growing up, and it’s moments like these I never want to forget.

Dear iPhone, your rock my world. You help me capture little moments like this when the big camera is zipped away in the camera bag, or too large to handle when dodging puddles and mud splotches from a sweet, muddy child.

Happy Sunday friends.

Comments

Caroline says:

I so know this feeling things I never want to forget so many things that are too special. Beautiful post & such a handsome little guy. :)
    Caroline recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ TogetherMy Profile

A while back I wrote about how much I would have loved to have the technology of today when Bailey was alive. We had one small throw-away camera at the hospital. I can hardly fathom the number of pictures we would have today had we all had the camera phones we have today. Rocks my world with sadness over those lost memories.
    Stephanie Desjarlais recently posted..Letting goMy Profile

Ashley says:

Love that pictures of those rain boots. Your son is about the same age as my little guy and boy do I wish to bottle him up and keep him this age forever.
    Ashley recently posted..This Week’s Photo Challenge – Multi-ColoredMy Profile

Morgan says:

Oh yes, how I wish we could bottle the moments and “splash them on our faces” as you said. So thankful for the pics and videos we have of Marcellus, but it’s not the same as being there in that moment.

LOVE the mud pic!
    Morgan recently posted..EasterMy Profile

Mrs. Baker says:

such a little boy :)
    Mrs. Baker recently posted..Meeting SydneyMy Profile

Laura says:

i know exactly what you mean! like you said, at times, i just want to take every particle of a moment and put it into a bottle so that i can go back and experience it again, twenty years from now when my baby boy’s all grown up!

your little guy is precious! looks like he had lots of fun doing what boys do best!

Tammy Guise says:

Pictures can help you cherish the world you always wished to live in. I lived in another city for two years and I loved being there. However, because of some circumstances I could not live there and now whenever I wish to relive that part of my life I go through the pics that I had taken there. Thanks to my Sony Cam:-)
    Tammy Guise recently posted..Choosing the right wheatgrass juicerMy Profile

Nicole says:

Isn’t the iPhone great? I own a iPod Touch which has many of the same features. Defiantly a memory saver although I hardly use it for that. I too wish those special memories could be kept in a jar for an special moment to relive them again. I hope you can capture many more wonderful pictures.
    Nicole recently posted..let it out ; let it goMy Profile

Naomi Porter says:

I agree. It’s one great thing about getting the chance to capture every priceless moment in your life. You little boy is so adorable. hope he’ll grow up well. :)
    Naomi Porter recently posted..MSDSonline Teams up with ASSE and Jennifer Silk for GHS Webinar on April 19My Profile

Jill Wilhelm says:

I love your muddy little boy! The rain boots are adorable! You have a great gift in capturing these moments :-)
    I awarded you the versatile blogger award, check out todays post!
    I know your super busy, so don’t feel pressured, but I still wanted to let you know! Have a great day!!
    Jill Wilhelm recently posted..The Versatile Blogger Award!My Profile

Krystal says:

That little boy looks so cute. That was a nice bonding time, simple yet so precious.
    Krystal recently posted..Where to Buy a Sobakawa Buckwheat PillowMy Profile