20 Weeks

I woke up today and usually the Babycenter app that goes off every Saturday at nine o’clock to remind me of another passing week in this pregnancy catches me off guard. I’m either buried in emails, making breakfast or doing something fun like garage sale-ing with my little man.

But today I remembered. Today was a big one. The traditional half way mark for a pregnancy.

Twenty weeks.

Everyone pretty much said the same thing, that they can’t believe it’s already been twenty weeks. I can’t either. It’s gone by incredibly fast. Incredibly smooth. And thanking God for every minute of it.

I have serious doubts that this baby will stay put for the entire 40 weeks, I don’t have a whole lot of confidence in my baby-making abilities, but who knows. Like I said before, Dr. A says we are going for the gold. I am nervous as heck thinking of what being pregnant past 35 weeks will feel like, but we’ll see. One day at a time.

At twenty weeks, I feel like I’m seventy years old when I bend my knees for too long and spring off the couch like I usually do. ***OUCH***

No, seriously. It’s bad. I’m hunching over for the next ten minutes, wondering if this is what getting old feels like. They say getting old isn’t for wimps; I believe them.

Is that complaining? I’ve done my absolute best to not complain about a thing, and if so I am sorry! Other than that weird, sharp pain in my hip/ thigh area pregnancy is sweet.

Baby girl goes crazy with kicking me at night, and in the mornings.

I keep wondering what raising two babies must feel like. I have to say I am crazy excited to get to watch my own two kids play together, grow up together and make big huge messes together.

On my twenty week mark, a couple of special things happened too. One being NICU Nurse Day. And two, the lantern release. The lantern release deserves it’s own post so I won’t say too much, but I will say that 1) God was SO good to hold the rain off until after the event and 2) it was B R E A T H TA K I N G. I am dying to get my hands on those photos!

What. a. day.

Comments

Amanda Hoyt says:

so happy for you and so thankful you asked me to be a part of something so huge for the BLM community.
    you are gorgeous both inside and out. such a sweet mama, wife & friend.
    xoxo
    Amanda Hoyt recently posted..Light the Night with LoveMy Profile

Mary_M says:

20 weeks???? 20 weeks!!!
    Oh me oh my!!!
    So excited for you! And your family. You & PeachDavid look lovely! Can’t wait to meet her…but can hold of @ least 17 more weeks if Peach can!!
    You remain in my prayers! Sending love & encouragement….and understanding. I don’t think it’s complaining to say your body is acting old! I have Fibromyalgia, diagnosed @ 35, now 42, but my body often insists upon acting 102!!!! LOL It is not for wimps, indeed!
    Blessings!!

Veronica says:

Dearest Franchesca,
    I am bursting with hope for you and this little girl. I know having her wont ‘replace’ anything lost in your life…but something almost seems full circle. No? I could be wrong. It could just be how I am feeling on this particular fresh fall day. I’ve lost my boy…and I know I’ll never be getting *him* back…but to have his brother to show me all the ways a son would be to raise, I would feel truly honored to have that opportunity.

I’m so happy for you. HALF WAY. That’s huge. Love to you.
    Veronica recently posted..Looking for the path to the other sideMy Profile

It does feel very full-circle actually:) its so bittersweet but that is exactly how i’ve been feeling about this pregnancy lately. So glad you can relate to that feeling!!! :)

Xoxo
      Franchesca recently posted..20 WeeksMy Profile

Congrats!
    Amanda Jillian recently posted..TransformationMy Profile

angie says:

you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t complain. I do the same feel like I have no right too when I’m just happy to be pregnant. However there are going to be some crappy times where you are in pain and can’t help it. I am now almost 28 and I honestly have no concept of where the time has gone. You are in my thoughts and prayers that you take home this baby :)

Thank you! You are so right. Some days/ moments are just yucky, there’s no getting around it. THanks so much for understanding. That is so exciting-28 weeks!!! Sending prayers for you+baby as well!

xo

Stephanie D says:

Wow 20wks! Little Peach will be here before we all know it. Can’t wait to meet her, but patient that she stays where she’s supposed to until it’s “gold” time.
    Stephanie D recently posted..My plate is too fullMy Profile

Meg says:

Great job Fran! I’m praying for you that your little sweet baby will be just fine and I’m sure she will, with all the support you have around you… Glad you are smiling and getting excited, what a gift!!

Michelle says:

A big congrats I cant wait to see the baby…Thank you for sharing the exciting experience…
    Michelle recently posted..bioteneMy Profile