Spoken Word Blog

So. I vlogged. Angie is the mastermind behind the Spoken Word Blog Round-Up (second year in a row), which is just insanely powerful. To get to watch and listen to the posts being read, by bereaved mothers (and apparently one loss father last year) about loss and grief after losing a child.

A few disclaimers… I look super tired, but that’s just life these days:) Also, I only did this once so please excuse my overall awkwardness. Oh, and at the end, I totally meant ‘watching’ not ‘reading’…

post being read

Comments

Veronica says:

I loved it.
    I’ve always loved reading your posts. I’m only (almost) 8 months out, and I read posts like this…about when times, and life, feels like its a “good” place to be. It makes me happy. On my good days, I really need these kinds of reads. I think that’s why I’ve come to get to know so many women that are years out. I like hearing about what life can one day be like.

I think at times, for me, it’s a bit unhealthy. Am I ignoring my pain and sorrow? My missing him? My ache for him? I let it be. I give myself the space needed to feel and be how ever is comfortable. Days, hours, moments….they can change on a dime. I still have wretched days. And I’m so grateful for the good ones…where I can love him, miss him and need him without falling apart.

Thank you Fran for wearing your life so bravely on your sleeve. You’ve helped me.
    Veronica recently posted..Comfort in a CatMy Profile

Oh Veronica. I’m honored that anything I say or write can encourage you. I tend to think that you aren’t ignoring the pain, or the sorrow just looking forward and hoping for your future. I think that says something about healing, that you can and want to look ahead and hope what life can be like one day. Sending lots of love to you. xoxo

Krystal says:

Thank you for sharing Fran. It is conforting to know that maybe the third year will be a little “easier” on me in this grief. It has morphed into a different kind of grief these days, and Im hoping this transformation will lead me to “that place” (((hugs)))
    Krystal recently posted..Your Graced My Dreams…..My Profile

Jeanette says:

I love this piece, I totally totally get what you are saying, I guess because we are both running on a similar time line. Thank you for sharing this.
    Oh and btw, it’s a relief to me to see someone stumbling over their words as much as I did in my video. :)

Oh no, I was a mess! I hardly heard any stumblings from you lol! Thank you too, it is incredible that grief can change so so much over time. big hugs to you Jeanette!

Catherine W says:

You always express yourself so perfectly Franchesca. And I know you say that you feel look tired in this video but I think you look beautiful, your eyes so peaceful and wise.

I remember feeling like you do, clicking away and thinking, ‘that will never be me.’ But . . . here I am. I’m ok. And I don’t really know when, or how, or why. I just ended up here.

Thinking of your dear Jenna Belle, especially this evening. She is a very special little girl xo

Thank you so much Catherine, you are too sweet.

I think that is so true. We just somehow end up here, it is just so amazing to me.

Lots of love dear friend. xoxo

Jamie says:

When I read this post back in January, it was 2 weeks after the 1st anniversary of my son’s death. I couldn’t even imagine the place you were describing. Now, it’s one month after his 2nd birthday and I can honestly say that I heard it differently this time. I always have hope in Jesus Christ that I will see my boy again. But, now I have more hope that the grief will change. It is changing, slowly. Thanks for choosing this post to read

jen says:

i can’t necessarily understand this place you are in, as i don’t think i am there (yet) but it does help me to hear from blms that are further down the road in their journey because it gives me faith that the journey changes and can become perhaps more “bearable”, or that i will learn new ways to cope. thank you for sharing this post.
    jen recently posted..Spoken word blog round-up TWOMy Profile

Stefanie says:

Encouragement indeed. I’m not in that place just yet, in fact i’m in the other place you mentioned. But your post gave me confirmation that those feelings are okay. I know that this day and any day will look so different watch year in this grieving process.
    Thank you for those beautiful words.
    Stefanie recently posted..I’m leavingMy Profile

Alex says:

You have such a lovely calm nature and you seem so open and honest, it’s really nice. Your spoken post was lovely and open, I’ve never lost like you so I can’t image what you’ve been through and are still going through but I’m so happy you are in a better place.

Sally says:

So glad I finally made it here to hear this. You are beautiful and your words are so touching.
    xo